Sep 17, 2009

Summer vacation 2009- Part 3

Part 3: Off to Riverside to visit Setta & Kevin!



My first bowling experience! I had more fun people watching than bowling though. I was a little overwhelmed by how loud and full of people the bowling alley was. Pretty soon I was dancing around, playing drums on the candy machines, and having a blast...especially when Aunty Setta got me some reeces pieces out of one of the machines :) I'm a sucker for chocolate!














Here is a "group" picture. That's Kevin bowling, "crazy Nick" posing for the camera, Mom & I, and half of Setta's face. I guess Dad was taking the picture!









Our last excursion was a last minute, and probably one of the funnest times we had all week. We went to the Wild Animal Park near San Diego, which turned out to be just an hour from Setta & Kevin's house. So, all 5 of us set off in the Camry about lunchtime. It was a LONG, HOT day, but an experience of a lifetime! Here I am at the bubble-blowing exhibit (did me or Dad have more fun at that one?) and then looking a bit overheated. Luckily, this picture was quickly followed by a stripping down of clothing and a run through the spray water park (Mom & Dad, too!)



We also took a tram ride around the park (it's a very BIG park! We were there for 7 hours & still didn't see everything!) The tram ride gave us a closer look at the roaming animals. My favorite: the baby giraffes below. We also got within a few yards of the leopards below. They were babies too, only about 1 1/2 old, and triplets! Check out Setta & Kevin refusing to turn around for a photo op! We had so much fun hanging out with them though. I was sad to leave Setta when we left for home :(



























No comments:

Vacation photo montage...testing this out