May 6, 2009

In Loving Memory



Me, about 3 days old, meeting Grandma for the 1st time.



This morning my Great Grandma Mary passed away. I was lucky enough to spend a lot of time with her in my 2 years of life. She was such a proud Mother, Grandma, and Great Grandma. She played peek-a-boo with me every time I visited and always had a cookie to share. I was able to say "Goodbye Grandma Mary" yesterday. Mom says she's in a better place now, at peace, and finally together again with my Great Grandpa Bud, her sweetheart. We will miss her so much, but are so lucky just to have know such an amazing woman. Her legacy is immeasurable in all the lives that she touched, including my Mom's and mine. Goodbye Grandma Mary. We love you always.

Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there.
I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the snow on the mountain's rim,
I am the laughter in children's eyes,
I am the sand at the water's edge,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle Autumn rain,
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight,
I am the star that shines at night,
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there, I did not die.

--Mary Elizabeth Frye
1904-2004
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep watch, dear Lord, with those who work, or watch, or weep this night,
and give your angels charge over those who sleep.
Tend the sick, give rest to the weary, bless the dying, soothe the suffering, pity the afflicted, shield the joyous; and all for your love’s sake.
Amen

--Book of Common Prayer
Evening Prayer II



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She will soooo be missed-What a amazing women...LVU -Megan

Vacation photo montage...testing this out