Jan 24, 2009

A Letter to Lily


Hi Lily, it's Mom. You just started calling me "Mommy" this week instead of "Mama" and you sound so grown up. You are 20 months old already. I just noticed that your birthday is on Mother's Day this year, which made me think about the day we brought you home from the hospital. That was Mother's day too, ironically. I couldn't believe we were taking you home. Your Dad was so relieved to get out of that hospital, but I was a little scared. Did they really think we could take care of you on our own?? I dressed you in a little red and white outfit and your Dad said you looked like a clown! One of the OB doctors came by to check us out and had brought a rose for each of the moms. Wow, I was finally a Mom! Quite a responsibility. You were so beautiful. You were worth the wait.
Love, Mommy


Vacation photo montage...testing this out